What are the benefits of working with Walker?
Walker offers a wide array of not-so-common benefits for employees. Walker provides a generous Paid Time Off policy, a casual dress code, and free soft drinks, snacks and coffee. Walker extends traditional benefits offerings including: health, dental, life, short-term salary continuation, and long-term disability insurance; flexible health spending accounts; a 401k program with company match; tuition reimbursement and much more to eligible employees.
- Flexible health spending accounts
- 401K program with company match
- Life Insurance
- Short-term salary continuation
- Long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
We have the majors covered.
- We offer health, dental and vision insurance with Anthem. Even if your spouse is offered coverage by his or her employer, he or she can be covered on the Walker plan. The majority of the health insurance premium is paid by Walker.
- We offer 3 High Deductible Health Plan options each with a different deductible and out of pocket maximums to help you find a plan that works best for you and any dependents.
- We offer 2 dental and vision insurance options designed to fit you and any dependents' needs for the coming plan year.
PRE-TAX SAVINGS AND SPENDING ACCOUNTS:
Put more dollars back in your pocket by taking advantage of these pre-tax benefits.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - save money for reimbursement of qualified medical expenses now, in the future or at retirement. You elect what bank you want to use to set up your HSA account.
- Limited Flexible Spending Account options (LFSA) - save your HSA dollars for future medical expenses and open this account to pay for qualified dental and vision expenses up to $2,500.
- Dependent Care Accounts - reimburse yourself for qualified dependent care expenses of up to $5,000.
- 401(k) Plan (Pre-tax and Roth) - Pay it forward for yourself.
- Walker Information Savings Employee Retirement (WISER) with Fidelity Investments allows you to save for your retirement.
- Walker will match 50% of your first 6% of 401k contributions.
- You are fully vested after 3 years of employment.
- Make changes to your plan online at any point in time.
Covered at no expense to you. Provides peace of mind in case you ever can't work due to a qualified medical reason.
- Walker has a Long Term Disability (LTD) Income Plan through Anthem that will cover 60% of your salary up to currently established retirement age.
- Walker also provides a Short Term Salary Continuation (STSC) plan that will provide you up to 90 days coverage to bridge the gap before eligibility of LTD coverage is established. The STSC will provide 70% of your salary.
- Anthem Group Life Insurance and AD&D are 100% provided by Walker to benefit eligible employees valued at 2 x salary.
VOLUNTARY FINANCIAL BENEFITS:
Offered at discounted group rate and can be elected for you or dependents.
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance that you can elect and pay for through payroll deduction.
PAID TIME OFF:
- Sick, personal and vacation days all rolled into one bank that's designed for your personalized use.
- Walker provides an abundant PTO plan.
- At the start of each calendar year, qualified hourly employees receive 176 PTO hours (22 8-hour days) per year for the first 5 years of employment and 216 PTO hours (27 8-hour days) per year after 5 years of employment. Qualified salaried employees receive 216 PTO hours. New hires receive a prorated PTO bank on their first day of employment.
QUALIFIED TIME OFF:
Unique Walker benefit that allows you to save/accrue leftover PTO hours each year. These saved hours can be used in the future for qualified Family Medical Leave reasons for yourself or an immediate family member. QTO provides 100% of your salary instead of going on short term salary continuation at 70% of pay or going unpaid. Additionally, it can be used for extended funeral leave time. Up to 480 hours can be saved in this bank.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP):
Sometimes you or a family member need a little extra help when dealing with a personal problem that's affecting your health and well-being
EAP is a counseling and referral service, designed to assist employees and their families in overcoming personal concerns or issues free of charge. Also included is free financial and legal help.